Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Blogrolling.com and the singing frog

  • Blogrolling.com hates us. At least it hates most of us; it seems to like jo(e) and Making Light, but otherwise it hasn't indicated any blog as being updated in well over a month--until today. A short while ago, it said that all the blogs on the blogroll were updated, and now . . . nothing. It's like the old Warner Brothers cartoon "One Froggy Evening," in which the frog refuses to sing if anyone looks at him.

    This wouldn't be important except that one of my feeble New Year's resolutions was to stop using Bloglines and only look at the blogs from the blogroll as a sort of reward for getting some item (reading, writing) crossed off my list at the end of the day. Oh, well.

  • Please tell me this is not entirely germ-phobic: I got on the elliptical machine today at the gym and, after listening to the woman on the elliptical machine next to mine hacking, wheezing, and coughing, I got off and went over to the treadmill instead.
  • 4 comments:

    Anonymous said...

    I've been annoyed by Blogrolling lately too...I don't have abloglines subscription though...maybe I should look into that, eh?

    And as for the germphobia, it may be neurotic, but that doesn't mean it's also not keeping you healthier...

    undine said...

    I love and hate Bloglines: it's so easy to use that it's addictive, which is a good and a bad trait. (I can't get excited about Google's RSS reader, though many people swear by it.)

    After missing Christmas parties because of a miserable cold, I'm not eager to repeat the experience--hence the germphobia.

    Anonymous said...

    It seems to me that blogrolling went sort of haywire as people switched to the new blogger, but it also seems totally confused by blogs that aren't on blogspot. It makes no sense to me!

    Germ-phobia might actually be a good thing, no?

    undine said...

    Bardiac, that explanation about the new Blogger changeover makes sense. I hope it'll be fixed soon.