- Yes, we have to make the changeover from "two thousand and x" some time, so why not this year?
- It was heavenly not to wake up and head out to the airport the day after Christmas for MLA.
- On the other hand, that means that the new semester is coming up at the speed of light.
- And so is MLA. Where'd I put that nametag, again?
Anyway, here's what I want to remember for 2011:
- Curiosity and excitement about a project are your friends. Don't try to push them away by limiting the amount you want to do in favor of what you "ought" to do.
- That goes double for listening to budget doom-and-gloom from colleagues or the internets. Can you do one single thing to help the situation? If not, stop listening and just check in once in a while rather than following each twist and turn of the drama.
- Learn more. Write down what you learn, especially if you're piecing together something you found in an archive. You think you'll remember it. You won't.
I think I'll just adopt your points to remember, if you don't mind.
Feel free, Dame Eleanor, and thanks! I liked your post about mysteries but couldn't think of anything useful to say about it, so I didn't comment.
Post a Comment