Friday, March 19, 2010

Not much. How about you?

What I've been doing for the last week: reading other people's words.
  • Reading student papers and expending good advice and ink upon them. Thanks, commenters, for the advice on writing comments by hand. The eco-unfriendliness of printing the papers (double-sided) is mitigated, I hope, by filling the fountain pens I used with ink from a bottle--and yes, I had to refill them a few times to get through the stacks.
  • About grading: although the words I write are my words, sometimes, when I'm finished with the individual comments and am summing up, it feels like automatic writing, since the phrases are ones I've used before.
  • Reading emails and responding to them.
  • Reading and responding to drafts sent to me by students and colleagues.
What I haven't been doing: my own writing. I'm hoping to get back to it soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fountain pens: I am impressed. But yet, not much here besides all of that, too.

Anonymous said...

Right there with you, sister. Happy grading.

undine said...

Annieem and Ink, I think it's just that time of year, but it doesn't make for exciting blogging (at least not for me).