- Happy New Year!
- Who had armed takeover of the Capitol by violent white supremacist Trump worshippers & Trump's impeachment on their 2021 bingo card? Sadly, Spouse and I kind of did, but it was still horrifying.
- But we have a new and competent administration now, and there are vaccines, and said competent administration is getting those vaccines to us and cleaning up the mess of 4 years of misrule as swiftly as possible.
- Everyone is now promoting their Substack on Twitter. Substack, I learned, is a newsletter format that lets you subscribe for a fee to read the thoughts of people you would like to follow. So: a blog, but not free.
- How's your imagination doing, now that we're still in lockdown? Mine is running toward thinking about some of the antique furniture I've recently received after my mother's house was sold. Now, this furniture isn't old by European or British standards, but it's old by mine. I'm thinking especially of a little burled maple table that would have been made in the 1830s-1840s in, probably, Connecticut or Rhode Island. It's a plain little table, nothing fancy, but every time I walk by it, I wonder what its original owners would have thought of where it is, what it's seeing, so to speak, and otherwise imagining myself back into its original time and place.
- Classes are going well remotely. Writing is going poorly, but maybe inspiration or the will to work will hit now that things are looking up.
Sunday, February 07, 2021
Random bullets of settling in to 2021: Things are looking up!
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
THANK YOU FOR BEING BACK.
I too was worried about the threatened violence and not surprised but still horrified by the approval of it by some elected officials.
Good to hear your classes are moving forward in positive fashion. Writing will again to I am certain.
Things in general are improved by having some of the horrific change but it will not be instant and is not guaranteed and all are tired. It is hard to keep energy up and the good processes going in the face of some of the news reports.
You raise my spirits. THANK YOU.
Good to hear from you!
I agree....not great but looking up. Having a grown up in the White House changed so much. And every day I see that number of vaccinated individuals going up on the front page of the newspaper.
Glad to have you back! The writing mojo will return, too, eventually.
THANK you so much for coming back!
I am still getting through but hearing from you is a real lift.
So, yes, it was on my bingo card but I didn't want to have it be right. Also on my card was the acquittal. After all the GOP was whatever Donnie wants he gets. And Mitch is super proud of himself again for knowing who was guilty but getting him off anyway.REALLY terribly angry I am and was right.
I REALLY NEED YOU BACK.
Grateful we changed administrations, hopeful vaccines will get out there, not sure it will be in time to prevent another terrible surge. Crossing my fingers.... Wishing ERA would be passed and statehood for P.Rico and D.C. PLEASE.
Please keep writing here. Thank you.
Post a Comment