- I turned in Project B, going short on sleep and forgetting to eat lunch. (I never forget to eat lunch.) I submitted it at 2 p.m. and checked my mail to discover a message from noon saying "never mind about submitting it today; take a few months if you want to. We'll put this in the next issue if it's accepted rather than this one." Am I irrationally angry with the journal? Sort of, even though it's absolutely not their fault. Am I angry at myself for not getting it done in time? Absolutely.
- Stopping the advice columns? Yes.
- Staying off FB? Mostly yes.
- Keeping Christine Tully's article on my browser for inspiration? Yes.
- I revisited Project A with the following results:
- Pages 1-3: "Hey, not bad at all. Nobody's said this, and it sounds interesting."
- Pages 4-12: "Stop hiding the main ideas. Move a few sentences around and it's okay, pretty much."
- Pages 13+: "The horror. The horror."
- Make TV a special rather than regular occasion--done.
- Answering email in batches & copying and pasting previous emails as answers to repeated questions when the already-sent answer has been ignored: working well.
- Not reading emails on Saturday:
- Pretty much working, although if I mistakenly leave Outlook open and see them come in, I'm irritated.
- I want to put on an autoreply that goes like this: "It's Saturday. Is this an emergency? Is someone bleeding? If so, call 911. If not, it can wait until Monday."
Saturday, February 15, 2020
Update to changes post
Did the changes work? Well, yes and no.