Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Blogger.com bloggers: check your template for Sitemeter redirect problem

Notorious Ph.D. brought up an issue in the comments that this blog was redirecting toward another site.

This happened to me the other day and is apparently happening to a lot of people; the problem is Sitemeter.

Here's a description: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!topic/blogger/cASo57LTy58

I removed Sitemeter and reinstalled the template, so this shouldn't be happening.

If it still happens after you refresh the page (so that there is no Sitemeter at the bottom of the page), let me know--thanks!

2 comments:

Notorious Ph.D. said...

Glad to hear it was a quick fix! So: no sitemeter = no redirect? I don't think I have that, so I'm good.

undine said...

Notorious, it was redirecting for me, too, until I googled the fix and took out Sitemeter. It seems to be fine now, though; do let me know if it's still redirecting even after you refresh the page. Thanks for letting me know!