Monday, May 04, 2009

On writing: morning five and evening five

I've been working on a piece of writing and have noticed a certain, shall we say, refrain at the beginning and end of days.

Morning.
1. How could it suck so badly when I worked so hard yesterday?
2. How did that sentence get in there?
3. What delusional state was I in to think that there was an organizational plan here?
4. I still have how much to go?
5. Well, that part isn't too bad.

Evening.
1. At least I have more words than when I started.
2. All right, the bad parts are better now.
3. I think I know where I want it to go tomorrow.
4. I still have how much to go?
5. I can do this. It's getting there.

3 comments:

Naptimewriting said...

My, but that sounds familiar...

moria said...

Good god, but that's too close to home right now.

It's also inexplicable. Why does this happen, and how does it so perfectly reproduce itself in everyone, everywhere, all the time? Mystery.

undine said...

It's eerie how the experience keeps repeating itself. Maybe we're part of a hive mind and don't know it.