Disclaimer: This isn't inspired by anything in particular.
- I want a meeting that doesn't simply repeat and elaborate on information that's already been disseminated by email, especially if the information is, as always, more bad news about the budget.
- I want a meeting that recognizes the truth of this statement: "Email is for announcements. Meetings are for action."
- I want a meeting in which faculty venting about issues that can't be changed and won't be the subject of a concerted protest is either banned or kept to a minimum.
- I want a meeting in which the phrase "We will talk about this at the next meeting" after the subject under discussion has already been talked about endlessly will be banned.
- If there's supposed to be a vote, I want a meeting in which the vote will happen.
- I want a meeting in which entirely new information that I've never heard about, even after attending every single meeting, is not presented in the context of "everybody knows about this" as a done deal.
- I want a meeting that doesn't happen and is canceled if there's no reason for it beyond the fact that it is scheduled.
- I want a meeting that I can come out of feeling as though I’d accomplished something instead of feeling angry and helpless at what the powers that be are imposing on us.
This will probably be *poofed* for rantiness, but I had to say it.