Saturday, September 05, 2009

Here are the answers. You guess the questions.

Invent your own questions. (Hint: One of these is meant to be delivered in a heavily sarcastic tone.)

1. Not as productive as I'd hoped, and I haven't done nearly enough writing yet, but I'm working on it.

2. I hadn't planned on coming to campus on that date, but--. Wait. No, I'm not coming in on that date.

3. I haven't sent that yet, but it's almost done.

4. As a matter of fact, I haven't had a lot of time to read that book or any of its sequels.

5. No, I haven't made up the syllabus yet for the course that starts in January.

6. Sure. It's just one long series of days spent lying in the hammock with a glass of lemonade, what with all the sabbatical time off.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

1. How was your first week of school?

2. Could you come to our meeting that starts at 7:30 am and bring snacks?

4. Are you a Twilighter and can you please teach a course on it?

5. I'm registered in your spring course. Could you please give me the book list and a description of the assignments so I could get started? Thanks ever so much.

Digger said...

1. How's your book?

2. I know you have a full time job and all, but we're requesting adjuncts to attend a 10am to 2pm retreat, on a Wednesday.

3. Did you get that report out yet?

4. Harry Potter?

5. Hey, how about those January syllabi?

6. You must be looking forward to doing nothing the next 6 months.

Sisyphus said...

Good job on that Number 2 answer, regardless of the question!

undine said...

Ink, I hadn't even thought of Twilight! The 7:30 a.m. start is an especially nice touch--and yes to #5.

Digger, #1 is the #1 question I'm getting, and #6 the biggest comment from non-academics.

Thanks, Sisyphus!