Sunday, June 27, 2010

Reentering blogland


This feels like a strange place after nearly three weeks. Actually, since I haven't visited this blog or any other in that time, it may be more accurate to say that the blog isn't a strange place but that I am strange in it.

The Land of No Internets was its usual nineteenth-century self, even though I didn't spend as much time there as usual. What did I do there (besides a lot of cooking)?
  • I read. It was kind of surreal catching up on my reading of people like Lisa Gitelman and N. Katherine Hayles in a place where the electronic world felt far away.
  • I watched the wild geese and the foxes. The goslings were about half-grown at this time of the year, and they'd eat while the adults stood guard. The foxes watched them but didn't chase them.
  • I paddled the kayak for miles up and down the shore, looking at birds, rocks, trees, sailboats, old houses, and new houses built to look like old houses.

  • Time to reenter the world, I guess.

    4 comments:

    Ink said...

    Welcome back! We missed you. :)

    undine said...

    Thanks, Ink!

    undine said...

    I've missed the blog world, too.

    Arbitrista said...

    Hi there. I'm so glad that I keep my feeds open.