- It was a heavy service semester, but the service brought some recognition from administrators whom I didn't think knew I existed, so that was good.
- It was a good semester for being more assertive, possibly because of all those service meetings in which I had to take a leadership role.
- And, in Mad Men thoughts: Joan would not have said "it is what it is." She would have said "that's just how it is" or maybe "and that's the way it is" and made a joke of it because that was Walter Cronkite's signoff line for years.
- And that song was perfect, although like Historiann and everyone else, I'm starting to worry a lot about a certain petulant character who is looking more and more fragile with every passing episode.
- When I saw the title of the episode, all I could think of was the last line of Plath's poem: "And I eat men like air."
Monday, May 07, 2012
Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream (a non-academic post)
. . . or not. It is summer, but it is academic summer, which means as much gearing up to write as the winding down of classes. Time to take stock? Okay.