- Notorious Ph.D. has a pair of posts asking graduate students how faculty members can best help them ("honesty").
- Historiann points out that mothers are once again being blamed and asks why it's so difficult for Americans to acknowledge the difficult realities of family life.
- Dr. Crazy contemplates a change (possibly generational) in the makeup of the academic blogosphere.
- Professor Zero provides the real translation of an exchange with an arrogant and clueless colleague.
- Ink had a week filled with testing (of the doctor kind) and grading (of the grading kind).
- tenthmedieval comments on the works of academic rock stars and, you know, rock star rock stars.
- Clio Bluestocking responds to messages composed of equal parts racism and incivility.
- New Kid gets exasperated by advice on professional dress that boils down to the perennial (and sexist) "don't dress in a way to distract men ('sexy' clothes) or make women jealous of you ('wear a big engagement ring').
- AnnieEm describes the reasons behind choosing a set list of questions for interviews.
Sunday, April 18, 2010
Short takes on deep thoughts
After a ridiculously busy week, I visit the blogosphere and discover that instead of celebrating April with daffodils and bunny pictures, everyone has good posts filled with deep thoughts.