Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last bullets of 2008

  • I dreamed last night that I was at the inauguration. In fact, I was Obama. Do I want to take over the world, or what?
  • Reading all the MLA reports makes me feel both relieved that I didn't go and sad to have missed some of the good times.
  • Eager colleagues are at it again, going through their to-do lists and firing emails at me. The next one gets a throwdown challenge: "Do you want to meet tomorrow at 8 a.m.? No? Then shut up and leave me alone." No, what I'm really doing is much more insidious: I am rudely not wishing anyone a Happy New Year who contacts me with it-surely-can-wait work details. Yes, no one will probably notice.
  • I have been loving having this time to read and work. I've written a fair amount during the break, and now I'm getting ready for classes in a very random and relaxed way. It's actually a lot of fun.
  • Happy New Year to you all!

2 comments:

Bardiac said...

Happy New Year!

undine said...

Right back at you, Bardiac and comebacknikki! Thanks!