- Update on the rude people thing: kill them with kindness and professionalism. They will go away and stop bothering you. Excellent!
- Apparently the "kill them with kindness" school also works with campus-wide committees. I expressed my willingness to meet on days when I'm not usually on campus and have never heard from the scheduler again, not even after I sent a follow-up email.
- We need a name for a new kind of competition: the ecovirtue-fest. Haven't you heard people doing this lately? Example:
- "I don't use harsh dishwasher detergent with phosphates.
- "I don't even use the dishwasher."
- "I scrub all my dishes by hand with organic plant matter and water I've dragged from the creek, and then I put it on the garden."
[Edited because I am terrible at acronyms.]